Do you know military men travel fearlessly? Therefore, they need to make everything fit into their backpacks. The backpack is the army man’s most reliable possession, because it carries all the other chattels. The military backpack is functional, durable, resistant, and has a lot of compartments to carry a wide range of things while keeping them organized.
Let’s look at a detailed review of the best military backpacks.
1. 5.11 Tactical RUSH72 Military Backpack
- It is designed with 1050 D water-resistant nylon. This protects your belongings from getting wet especially if it ever rains.
- It has left and right side pockets where you keep items that you need to be easily accessible.
- A spacious main storage compartment. The main compartment is 23 H x 13.5 L x 8.5 inches.
- Organized compartments. This military backpack has a lot of compartments but you do not need to worry about your items getting in the way of another.
- There is a hydration pocket where you can keep your water bottles and fleece-lined sunglasses compartment.
- Lot of compartments and plenty of room
- Removable metal rod for support and hard plastic backing
- Large main storage compartment
- Waist straps make it comfortable to carry, if the shoulder strap is fully extended, the load rests on your hips
- No internal crush straps
- Too expensive
- Should be made with a tougher base material to help it rest on the ground
- No rain cover attachment
This army backpack is one of the greatest choices you can make. It is perfect for travel, hiking, hunting, and everyday use. It is comfortable to carry, it is organized and has a lot of compartments. This is also perfect for people like first responders and those who do long shifts. You can also connect a tent to the bottom of the bag through a strap.
2. REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack
This army backpack is another of our favorite and is also one of the best out there.
- This backpack has a polyester lining and this makes it more resistant to stain.
- It is made of high-density fabric and this guarantees its durability.
- It is designed with water-resistant fabrics.
- It has a modular lightweight load-carrying equipment (MOLLE) system. There is MOLLE webbing all around for attaching more pouches.
- The backpack is an assault pack double-stitched with heavy-duty zippers. It has a side and front load compression system which helps things to be in place.
- It has a ventilated mesh padded back area and shoulder strap which makes it comfortable.
- It is roomy and can carry essentials that you will need for up to 3-days.
- Made with high-quality fibers
- MOLLE system with webbing that would enable you to attach more pouches
- Shoulder straps are designed with thick padding and are unlikely to pinch under heavyweight
- Lot of pockets and compartments but not too many
- Can accommodate a hydration bladder
- When fully packed, may be difficult to fit under the seat of a plane
- Waist strap is not suitable for plus-sized users and they can come off easily
- The largest compartment becomes much smaller when other compartments are full
The Reebow gear offers you so much more than its value. It is affordable yet functional. With this military style backpack, you are enjoying durability and functionality.
3. G4Free Outdoor Tactical Bag Backpack
- It weighs about 80 ounces.
- It has multiple pockets and three external compartments.
- It has a padded back pocket. This pocket is compact and it makes items more-organized.
- It can be used as a school pack, chest back and a handbag.
- It can be used to carry emergency supplies like diapers, first aid kit.
- It is made of 600D polyester fabric.
- It has a double zip closure.
- The handles are heavy duty and padded.
- There are two clips on both sides and this makes the backpack fit into the left and right-hand side. This bag is made to suit every body shape.
- It has a fixing magic sticker on the back pocket that conveniently holds the straps in place.
- Multiple internal pockets and three external pockets
- Very convenient and handy
- User-friendly strap
- Can be carried in multiple positions
- Not big enough to hold things like laptops
- Zipper might be stuck when first purchased
- Shoulder strap is not padded and can bite into your skin
This backpack is the best bet for you if you need something portable to carry around without having to carry an almost empty backpack. It is made with polyester fabrics which are known to be durable. It can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes. Definitely one of the best military sling backpacks that you can get for that amount.
4. REEBOW GEAR Military Assault Pack Backpack
This rugged tactical assault backpack has a lot to offer.
- It is 11 inches wide, 18 inches high and 12 inches deep.
- It is made out of quality high-density fabric.
- This military backpack is designed to be rugged and durable.
- It has heavy-duty zippers.
- It has cord pulls that are utility-styled.
- It has a side and front compression system to keep things in place.
- The back area is padded to offer more comfort.
- The shoulder strap is padded with ventilated mesh. This would prevent the strap from biting into your skin.
- It is hydration compatible, although it does not come with a hydration bladder.
- It is big enough to be used as an assault, bug out, combat, hunting, survival backpack.
- It has MOLLE system.
- Cheaper than you would get for other backpacks with this quality
- Comfortable padded shoulder straps; it gives ease of carrying
- Many storage compartments
- Elastic strap can hold things in place in the main compartment
- Double stitched
- A lot of extra straps that might fall off
- Zipper tassels tend to fall off
This affordable product is one of the best military backpacks you will get for the price. Its value far outweighs the price. A lot of users have given great reviews and recommendations.
5. WolfWarriorX Small Tactical Backpack
- This backpack is 9 inches high, 11 inches wide and 9 inches deep.
- It is made of high density 600D fabric.
- It has water resistant coating.
- The backpack can hold up to 3 days worth of clothes and other essential items.
- It is hydration compatible.
- It is lightweight; not big but functional.
- Perfect as a carryon luggage because of its size
- MOLLE system
- Straps have multiple adjustment points
- The MOLLE accessories are not properly spaced to prevent straps from flopping around
- Most of the straps in the front are decorative and they make it difficult to open the bag quickly
- It is too narrow and getting items out of it is difficult
This backpack is also great for hiking or camping. It is big enough to carry the camping essentials you will need for 2-3 days and it has MOLLE webbing.
6. REEBOW GEAR Military Sling Backpack
- It is made of 600D polyester fabric.
- It has velcro in the concealed back compartment.
- It is 14 inches high, 11.5 inches wide and 6.5 inches deep.
- Suitable for carrying 14 inches laptop, iPad, notepad, goggles, book, keys wallet, cell phone, flashlight, gloves, and other daily essentials.
- It has one major shoulder strap that is adjustable and comfortable.
- It has two smaller shoulder straps that help to reduce the way the bag moves.
- It has a front-load compression system.
- The back area is padded with comfortable and breathable pad.
- It has molle straps.
- It is suitable for everyday use and short trips.
- Double-stitched and durable
- Sturdy heavy-duty zippers
- Main compartment is roomy and it holds a lot of items
- Lots of MOLLE loops for attaching things
- Smaller than most military backpacks
- The seam is coming off easily sometimes
This tactical backpack is a blend of small and big. It is perfect if you do not want to carry a big backpack and your devices are too big for a small backpack. It is affordable and you get a lot more in value when you compare it to the price.
7. Gelindo Military Backpack
This is one of the best functional army rucksacks that is perfect for hunting, survival, hiking, bug-out, camping etc. It offers you multiple and organised storage compartments and is well designed to be user friendly.
- This backpack weighs 3.3 pounds.
- The main compartment has the capacity to carry a 14 inch notebook, iPad, books, clothes that will last 3 days. First aid kit, flashlight, snacks and still have room left for other things.
- It is an insulation compartment that can keep your liquid warm for as long as 4 hours. This compartment is also great for storing your lunchbox.
- It has multiple and functional compartments.
- The compartments have internal elastic and mesh bags that are designed for keep things in place and for storage.
- The front pouch has tool slots and mesh compartments that can be used to store stationery, flashlight and other essential tools of that size.
- The front and the two sides of the back have MOLLE mount point for attaching extra accessory.
- It is designed with breathable and adjustable shoulder straps.
- It has mesh ventilated back support.
- Versatile and functional
- Designed with high density fabric material
- MOLLE system for attaching other equipment
- Zippers are not of best quality
- MOLLE webbing not adequately spaced to weave accessories properly
- Too many small pockets that end up being unutilized
- Not water resistant
One of the reasons to get this backpack is the price. When it comes to pricing, this is one of the most affordable military rucksacks. You can use this bag for everyday use and for outdoor purposes.
8. Maxpedition Falcon-II Backpack
- This backpack is medium-sized.
- Main compartment is 18 inches high, 9.5 inches wide and 4.75 inches deep.
- The secondary compartment is 16 inches high, 8 inches wide and 3 inches deep.
- The upper front pouch is 4 inches high, 7 inches wide, and 2.5 inches deep.
- The lower front pouch is 10 inches high, 7 inches wide and 2.5 deep.
- It is designed with 1050 D water and abrasion-resistant nylon.
- It has an ergonomic shape.
- The shoulder straps are padded.
- Layered compartments
- Lot of pockets and pouches
- Expandable and compact
- Too many straps hanging without a way to keep them tied down
- No side pockets
- Shoulder padding needs more ventilation
This backpack is compact and has a lot of compartments. It is comfortable to carry and it is sturdy. The MOLLE webbing allows you to add a lot of accessories. It is also well designed, perfect size for a small and medium-size frame and it looks great.
9. CamelBak Adult M.U.L.E. Mil Spec Antidote Hydration Backpack
- Its hydration capacity is 3 liters.
- This backpack is 17.5 in x 8.5 in x 7.9 inches.
- It is designed with 500D Rip-Stop Cordura Fabric and is leakproof.
- It has a side-release shoulder strap which will enable easy removal.
- It has top and bottom compartments and this will keep your items organized.
- It has 420D high-density nylon on the shoulder straps.
- Easy to fill and clean wide-mouth opening
- Designed to keep items organized
- Shoulder straps could feel too stiff and squeeze the back of the neck
- Back is not well padded
- Top section has only one compartment
This bag is perfect for hiking and other intensive activities. It is a hydration bag designed specifically to cater to that need.
10. Trekking King Military 3-Day Assault Pack 60L Survival Rucksack
- Lined with nylon.
- Padded back area, heavy duty zippers with rain diverting flaps.
- It is 12 inches wide, 20 inches high and 10 inches deep.
- It is made of 1000D nylon material.
- Multi-functional, perfect for any outdoor activity.
- Great for outdoor activities
- Effective MOLLE system
- Not the best in terms of durability
This back is perfect for outdoor activities like hiking, trekking, camping. It is perfect for parents who would need to pack everything in one bag.
Military backpacks are meant to be durable, versatile, functional, and rugged. We have reviewed 10 that we consider to be the best. They are not perfect but they are the top military grade backpacks.