People who travel around the world have many different motives and intentions, will it be going on vacations/holidays, migration to another country or commissions of the job. Needless to say, every person who is heading to the airport needs to bring their personal items and have them arranged properly. Regardless of your purpose and destination, it is extremely important to organize your belongings so that the journey is comfortable and enjoyable.
There are many different types of professions requiring employers to travel inside or outside the country, such as electrician, construction worker, carpenter, some type of technician, and many others. These types of workers constantly need to carry their tools, which are different in size and shape, so in order to keep their belongings arranged thoroughly, the tools backpack is essential for them.
In this article, I am going to introduce you to some of the best tool backpacks on the market. If you are in a need of carrying various tools such as hammers, saws, nails or even a simple laptop, you should consider those tool backpacks and definitely buy one! They are extremely comfortable and helpful in organizing your items, keeping them secured, so you will not have any concern regarding the safety of your tools.
However, finding the best one for you is not an easy job. The market is full of them and you have to be very precise and cautious in your choice. You should take into consideration everything and ask yourself what items you will be carrying, what is the size, shape, and functionality of the tools. As the backpack for tools can be different in capacity, size, and functionality itself, therefore it’s very important to choose the right one and ensure than you can fit everything properly and make your journey pleasant.
The best tool backpacks on the market offer extremely attractive possibilities. There are various types of them, including the toolbox backpack, which lets you store your entire box of items in it, as well as the tool bag backpack, capable of fitting small bags for tools.
As you can see, there are abundant options and I hope the following guide will be informative enough for you to choose the right backpack, which will be durable, practical, cost-effective and capable of storing every item you will be carrying.
Top 10 Tool Backpacks Review
1. Veto Pro Pac Service Technician Bag
If you need to use a technician backpack Veto Pro Pac TECH PAC is an extremely good option. This backpack provides comfort, safety and enough space for your tools and can be water-resistant. So, you should definitely consider its advantages/disadvantages provided below and make the decision depending on them.
- Vertical Tool Pockets: a total of 56, all different sizes
- QUICK RELEASE METAL HASP
- Padded EVA Thermoformed, Ergonomic Back Padding with adaptable straps
- Tool Pocket Fabric is completely weatherproof
- First Tool Backpack with Injection Molded Bottom and Non-Tipping Platform
- It is a waterproof backpack, which ensures safety during rainy days and can withstand moisture
- Features a huge amount of pockets with different sizes, 56 in total
- Provides ergonomic back padding for your comfort, which comes with adjustable straps
- Quick release metal hasp ensures easy accessibility of the back storage base
- Durability is guaranteed, as the base of the bag is thick, which means it does not rip easily no matter how sharp the tools are.
- The price. It is really expensive and a lot of people can’t afford it
- Some pockets are too small to store certain tools
- Interior zipper pockets are small
- Within several years of use, zippers are failing
The Veto Pro Pac TECH PAC Service Technician Bag is waterproof, which is an indication of its strength and high-quality. So, don’t be afraid of rainy or humid days, your belongings will remain safe and dry.
The enormous amount of pockets guarantees that you will never worry if there is enough space for your items. The total number of exterior and interior pockets is 56, which are different sizes and have a vertical pattern.
Ergonomic back padding is a very cool feature, which provides relaxation and serenity. With its adaptable straps, you can adjust it according to your comfort and never be bothered by falling or slipping.
The Veto backpack also includes a 3-mm thick base made of polypropylene material, which means even the sharpest tools you own will have a very hard time ripping the material. Also, you will enjoy quick release metal hasp if you want to have access to the back storage base without any difficulty.
If you are searching for a technician backpack, which can store literally every item you carry, provides comfort and is able to withstand rain or moisture, then you should definitely check this one out.
2. Rugged Tools Pro Tool Backpack
This backpack is able to provide comfort and satisfaction to all kinds of workers, whether you are a contractor, electrician, plumber, or framer. As you can see it is a heavy duty tool backpack, which guarantees to organize and transport your belongings appropriately. Below, you will see what other benefits are included, which I’m sure won’t leave you disappointed.
- Total number of pockets is 40 (34 internal, 4 exterior, 2 side pockets)
- Heavy Duty 1680 Denier Polyester Construction
- The backpack includes semi-hard shell case
- Molded hard bottom is provided to keep the backpack upright
- Padded shoulder straps and padded back lumbar support
- The backpack features top handle in order to lift up and carry easily
- Sternum Strap ensures distributing and balancing the weight
- Dimensions: 19.5” Height X 14.5” Width X 7.5” Depth. 5.5LB
- 1680D polyester material makes this backpack extremely strong and durable
- Molded hard bottom guarantees the security of your tools and prevents any damage
- Sternum Strap ensures distribution and stabilization of weight
- The high number of pockets, allowing you to carry many different items, a total of 40
- Padded shoulder straps and back lumbar support provides comfort and satisfaction when wearing it.
- This is a heavy duty tool backpack and can be utilized for different reasons
- When the backpack is completely loaded, it is a bit difficult to zip
- The backpack does not stand up very well on its own
- Shoulder straps are slightly thin, which can result in breaking them after using many times
What I like the most about this backpack is the ability to contain tools for different purposes. If you are an engineer, electrician, plumber, contractor, or HVAC repairman, then Rugged Tools Pro Tool Backpack is for you! The arrangement of your belongings safely and comfortably is guaranteed.
1680D polyester material is used to construct it, which makes the backpack extremely strong, tough and durable. It can manage to withstand the heaviest working tools and still be strong enough to fit more!
The backpack includes a huge number of pockets – 34 inside, 4 outside and 2 side pockets. Therefore, there is no difficulty in storing many items like a drill, wrenches, and electronics and so on. You don’t need to worry about the safety of your tools, because the molded hard bottom is designed to prevent any damage, which is a very cool feature in my opinion.
Additional attributes include Sternum Strap, which helps to balance and distribute the weight and load, and padded shoulder straps and back lumbar support, which provides a big comfort.
Finally, I want you to know that the advantages this back provides highly outnumber some minor downsides I have mentioned above.
3. Klein Tools 55421BP-14 Tool Bag Backpack
I want to introduce you to the fantastic tool bag backpack. If you are an electrician and need to store your items comfortably, then this backpack is extremely convenient for you. It is a cost-effective product, which features many rewarding advantages. So, if you are in search of a high-quality electrician tool backpack, check this out.
- The total number of pockets is 39, providing tons of tool storage
- Molded front pocket ensures protection to safety glasses
- The backpack includes front zipper pocket for small items
- Long screwdrivers can be stored in interior pockets
- Fully molded bottom guarantees complete safety
- Distinctive hardened compartment provides safety to your glasses and goggles
- The backpack includes 39 pockets to store many different tools
- The orange interior makes the visibility clearer, even when you are working at night
- Fully hard-molded bottom ensures prevents any damage to the backpack
- When it is fully loaded double stitching ensures it remains closed
- The backpack is slightly heavy
- After using many times zippers are getting messed up
- Shoulder straps may fall off within several months of usage
If you are an electrician in a need to organize your working tools for traveling, Klein Tools Backpack is a very good option for you! It is specially designed for people like you and provides several rewarding benefits, which you should not miss.
This electrician tool backpack includes multiple pockets, a total of 39, which helps you fit every item in a secure manner. A distinctive hardened compartment ensures your safety glasses and goggles will not break during the transport.
It is constructed by 1680D ballistic weave, making it extremely sturdy and durable. So, the risk of tearing or fraying is very low.
What I like the most about it, is the orange interior. It makes the backpack visible even when working in the dark. This is especially beneficial for workers, as they don’t have to constantly search for their tools!
Additional features are fully hard-molded bottom, which prevents any damage to your items when you put it on a floor, and after fully loading your backpack, the double stitching makes sure there is no risk of bursting open.
For the people looking for an extremely convenient electrician tool backpack, this is superb.
4. DEWALT DGL523 Lighted Tool Backpack
This backpack is extremely versatile, as it can meet the requirements of different kinds of workers, such as a technician, electrician, and construction worker. Below, you will see many other benefits it can provide, which I hope will be informative enough for you to make the decision.
- Front pocket for most often used tools
- A place for everything
- Padded for comfort
- Max 39 Lumens to light your work
- Versatility, as it can satisfy the demands of different customers
- An enormous amount of pockets, a total of 57
- The backpack is 100% waterproof
- Features a LED light, which helps easily identify tools in the backpack
- Base pad feet help reducing wear and lessens abrasion
- The backpack is able to store all of your accessories.
- The shoulder straps are not as durable as expected
- Zippers are weak and don’t last very long
- Shoulder straps broke after using several months
The most attractive feature of the DEWALT Tool Backpack is the ability to satisfy and meet the requirements of all kinds of workers. If you are an electrician, technician, or construction worker, it can help you store and organize your tools effectively.
The unique attribute this backpack contains is an integrated LED light, which can be helpful in difficult situations when you have to work in the dim and dark areas. LED light has three levels of brightness and you can adjust it according to your needs.
The ergonomic design makes wearing this backpack much easier and comfortable, even when fully loaded with heavy working tools. It also comes with adaptable shoulder straps, large pads on the back and a padded bottom to lessen abrasion.
Finally, I have to mention that the material used to construct this backpack is water-resistant, so your items will remain dry and safe no matter what.
5. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1134 Carpenter’s Tool Backpack
This backpack is highly recommended on the market, because of its amazing features and benefits. If you are searching for the carpenter’s or construction backpack, then you are in the right place. The possibilities provided by this backpack will definitely leave you amazed.
- Large easy access pocket on top to load the bag properly
- Large pads on the back and adjustable padded shoulder straps to carry the bag comfortably
- Two main zippered compartments with lots of pockets to arrange your items
- Special compartments for wearing a pen or other small things
- Keeps your belongings dry by specially designed feet on the bottom
- The backpack is waterproof and sturdy. Constructed to withstand any wet condition
- A huge number of pockets, a total of 48
- Provides enormous weight capacity, maximum of 50 pounds
- Equipped with an adjustable chest strap and padded back
- This backpack provides dual handles in order to lift it up and carry easily
- Zippers are totally fragile
- Several customers complained about broken straps after using a few times
- When it is fully loaded hard bottom digs into your back and makes it uncomfortable
As I have mentioned in the beginning this is a very good option for carpenters and electricians, and it also provides rewarding benefits as a technician backpack. Therefore, its various roles should be extremely attractive to everyone!
The backpack includes two different compartments, one is used for basic tools, while the other one is intended to hold power tools. As for the number of pockets, you will have an opportunity to store your items in 41 inside and 7 outside pockets. Also, you don’t have to worry about the weight of your tools, as it can carry a maximum of 50 pounds without any problem.
You will not have any difficulty carrying this construction backpack, as dual handles help you lift it up easily. Also, padded back and adaptable chest strap add more comfort.
The material used for the construction of the backpack is extremely sturdy and durable, so you will enjoy it for a long time. It is also water-resistant, which means your tools will remain dry in wet conditions.
As you can see, this backpack features a lot of attractive components, which you should definitely take advantage of.
6. Custom LeatherCraft 1132 75-Pocket Tool Backpack
This backpack is very compact and possesses a lot of space. Although It is designed for small tools, you will be surprised how comfortable and secure this backpack can be and provides many features that a lot of other tool backpacks lack.
- 75 Pockets for storage
- Comfortable to carry
- Multi-compartment plastic tray to organize small parts
- Plenty of interior panels to hold a multitude of tools
- Made of tough material
- Number of pockets is astounding, a total of 75
- Hook and loop flap closures enable you to store your tools safely
- The backpack is made of ballistic polyester fabric, which makes it completely durable
- Adaptable straps and padded handles guarantee comfort
- It is equipped with plated back, which helps to minimize the drag
- Despite its compact size, this backpack is not able to store large tools
- Zippers are breaking after using for several months
- The shoulder straps also start to fall apart
- Tearing wrench pockets can also be an issue for many people
CLC Custom Leather craft 1132 Tool Backpack is extremely compact and it is meant for storing small items. However, you will be surprised how many tools can be fitted, as the backpack provides an enormous number of pockets, 75 in total! You can store all kinds of accessories used by mechanics and other workers like wrenches, sockets, and ratchets.
The backpack is made of extremely durable material – ballistic polyester fabric, which prevents frays and tears and ensures complete safety. Furthermore, padded handles and adjustable straps provide additional comfort and balance.
One feature that I like the most about this backpack is hook and loop flap closures, which secure stored items. I also enjoy the plated back of the backpack, as it helps to minimize the drag.
If you need to store small working tools and ensure their safety during your travel, then I highly recommend this one.
7. Amazonbasics Durable, Padded Tool Bag Backpack
I would like to introduce you to this amazing and reliable backpack, which will ensure organizing your belongings extremely effectively and comfortably. The price is affordable for everyone and you should definitely experience all the benefits provided by this tool bag.
- 42 inside pockets and 9 outside pockets ensure easy arranging of your tools
- The material is 100% polyester
- Padded back support and shoulder straps provide additional comfort
- Constructed with durable 600D x 600D polyester fabric
- Adjustable chest strap is extremely helpful
- Total number of pockets is 51 with 42 internal and 9 external, to organize your tools easily
- 600D x 600D polyester fabric makes this backpack extremely durable
- Provides padded back support and adaptable chest straps, and shoulder straps
- Orange interior inside the backpack provides better visibility
- The price is affordable for everyone
- When you work in a small environment, it’s a bit hard to maneuver
- The top handle is tearing apart after using for several months
- The backpack does not have a solid bottom to keep it steady when putting down
As you can see this backpack carries many benefits for everyone who wants to store and arrange their tools effectively. It is extremely flexible which additional comfort is for all kinds of workers.
The total number of pockets is 51, ensuring big storage for every type of tool like a drill, wrench, pliers, testers, and many others. One large easy-access pocket on top can be used to store all the essential tools in order to access them easily.
Orange interior inside the backpack is a very good feature, as it makes visibility easier and you can manage to locate your tools effectively even when working in the dark.
This toolbox backpack is very comfortable with its adjustable chest strap and shoulder straps, as well as padded back support.
8. Revco Industries GB100 BSX Extreme Gear Pack
This backpack can also be used by different workers, starting from construction workers, as well as mechanics and electricians. GB100 BSX Extreme Gear Backpack effectively meets the requirements of everyone looking for a reliable and comfortable backpack for their items
- Box backpack with reinforced side pockets and padded back
- Quick-action helmet catch
- The backpack can hold welding helmet, grinder, gloves, tools, and many other tools
- Beautiful design, containing red and black colors
- Extremely convenient and portable, which makes it easy to carry
- Top handle and well-padded straps ensure comfort
- The backpack provides special helmet catch
- Designed by the strong material, making its structure strong rugged
- This backpack is not water-resistant, so be careful when going to water activities
- Customers have complained about stitching after using for several months
- The plastic lock snaps can be broken easily
If you are a construction worker, electrician or mechanic this backpack is going to be extremely useful for you! You have already seen the advantages of it and I want to explain in detail why you should purchase now.
The design is absolutely attractive, featuring red and black colors. The backpack is very easy and comfortable to use due to its lightweight nature. This does not mean you can’t store many tools there!
The backpack includes an exterior pocket for your gloves and one additional feature distinguishing it from others is a special helmet catch. With it, you are able to prevent any damage to your helmet and avoid scratches.
9. Milwaukee 48-22-8200 1680 Denier Jobsite Backpack
I want to mention this highly recommended backpack on the market and show you the advantages and disadvantages it carries. It is definitely a desirable backpack, so you should not want to miss this one.
- Plastic coated bottom
- 35 organizational pockets
- 1680 ballistic fabric
- Load bearing harnesses
- Laptop sleeve
- 1680 ballistic fiber makes a very strong structure
- Bottom of the backpack is waterproof and plastic-coated
- The sewn chest strap helps to balance the bag appropriately
- Total number of pockets is 35, so you can store everything you want
- Laptop sleeve ensures keeping your valuable electronics secured
- The pockets can be slightly stretchy
- The sides of the back collapse after using for a few months
- The zippers also start breaking after several months
What I like the most about this backpack is that it provides a laptop compartment, which helps you keep your electronics safe. So, basically, it’s a laptop tool backpack!
You can access your tools easily, with a built-in pocket in front of the bag. Also, adjustable straps provide additional comfort for users.
1680 ballistic fabric is used to design its structure, making it extremely tough and durable. So, you don’t have to worry about anything, whether you are in transit or at work.
10. Dead On Tools DO-DES Gear Destroyer Tech Pack
The name itself speaks about the abilities this backpack can provide. It is very easy to recognize because of the painted dead skull on the pocket. The backpack is extremely durable and will keep your items safe all the time.
- 1680D polyester fabric
- Reinforced zippers and pockets
- Breathable straps
- Built-in laptop sleeve
- The molded bottom
- Multiple pockets provide a huge space for your tools
- The backpack can be used by various workers
- The molded hard base ensures safety and protection
- The material is absolutely durable
- It can be utilized as a backpack, tech pack and tool pack
- This backpack is slightly heavy compared to others
- Customers complained about the uncomfortable shoulder straps
- The zippers are slightly weak
As the name says, this backpack is extremely durable and it will keep all of your valuable gear completely safe! The design is very attractive, as it features a signature dead skull motif on the pocket.
You can use the Gear Destroyer Tech Pack as a backpack, tool pack and tech pack, all in one. It can also contain large laptops, so you don’t have to carry an extra bag for it.
The material used for construction is 1680D polyester, which makes the bag strong and water-resistant. The molded base is also waterproof, so your belongings are guaranteed to stay dry and secure in wet conditions.
We have discussed some of the best tool backpacks on the market. I hope I was able to inform you about the necessity of owning tool backpacks and all the advantages and disadvantages they can provide. As I have mentioned in the beginning it’s extremely important for all kinds of workers to carry an appropriate backpack for tools according to their needs.
As you can see, there is a tremendous amount of options, so you have to be very precise in your requirements and choose the best tool backpack for you. You should take many things into consideration, ask yourself questions like what do you need the backpack for, what size and material do you want and so on.