Sometimes duty calls in bad weather and other times, having fun may just be as entertaining and satisfying as playing in water or simply, a wet environment. Consequently, someone has to get wet one way or another. And that is why the waterproof backpacks come in handy.
Not every waterproof backpack is as good as the one next. After all, different manufacturers use different materials and designs to address your backpack needs. From this perspective, we have identified the best waterproof backpacks on the market today for you. Here is what makes these waterproof backpacks the best, in our opinion and from experience.
1. Earth Pak Waterproof Backpack
- Comes in 5 different colors and either as a 35 liter or 55 liter capacity bag
- It is a heavy duty roll-top closure with Easy access zippered pocket on the front
- The back panel is appropriately cushioned and shoulder straps nicely contoured along with a low profile sternum strap
- Comes with an excellent IPX8 Waterproof phone case
- Convenient D-strings attached to both shoulder straps and the MOLLE system
- Boasts of pockets both on the inside and outside of the bag for extra storage space
- The D-rings on both the shoulder straps and the MOLLE system play a key role as anchor points especially when boating or biking.
- It is lightweight and compact for easier portability
- Has pockets on the inside and outside as extra storage space just in case you need some more
- Available online and thus convenient for shopping from anywhere and at any time around the world
- Ships worldwide just for your convenience
- 100 percent waterproof and thus will guarantee the contents will remain totally dry throughout the entire mission or trip as you may have wished.
- Comes in 5 different colors to simply offer you a flexible color option
- Sometimes the seal between the front pocket and the inside of the bag can easily snap. Should this happen, your bag will no longer be 100 percent waterproof.
It is light weight, compact and relatively affordable. It is also available online for anytime shopping and ships to any destination around the world. The customer service after sales is on top of their game. This is just the waterproof backpack you needed. Go for it.
2. Skog A Kust BackSak Waterproof Floating Backpack
- Comes in 8 different colors and either as a 25 liter or 35 liter size
- Made of heavy duty 500D PVC
- Flosses of its Sternum clip and padded back support
- Comes with spacious interior pockets that would separate sensitive electronics for others like wet garments, towels and others
- The main compartment is IPX-6 waterproof all the time
- Can be closed in 2 easy ways
- The padded back support help to release pressure on your muscles
- The D-rings on either side help hold your water bottles
- The zippered interior pockets always guarantee the safety of the contents especially the electronics and other gear
- The splash proof outer pockets help to securely hold your IDs, business and membership cards as well as the keys
- With its 8 different colors and 2 volume options, this backpack certainly provides you with the real freedom of choice
- May somehow be considered as slightly too bulky for small bodied users in which case, perhaps buying the smaller capacity backpack would be just as convenient and comfortable.
Clearly this bag’s benefits outnumber the shortfalls which in any case can easily be managed. The bag is affordable by all means and delivers what it promises – quality as a waterproof dry bag.
3. MARCHWAY Floating Waterproof Dry Bag
- Comes in 16 different colors and 5 different sizes i.e. 5, 10, 20, 30, and 40 liters respectively
- Also boasts of a roll top sack
- Comes with an adjustable and detachable shoulder strap
- Can float on water after being rolled and buckled
- The roll top sack helps to keep the entire gear dry especially when Kayaking, swimming, Boating or Rafting, Fishing, Hiking and camping
- It is lightweight, compact and durable as a result of its ripstop tarpaulin material.
- It is easy to clean and operate
- It is 100 percent waterproof and thus guarantees the contents will always remain as dry as they should be
- The bag has enough buoyancy to float on water provided it has been rolled and buckled and this makes tracking easier and convenient
- The shoulder strap comes in handy when carrying over the cross body or shoulder; it is also conveniently adjustable in length to fit people of different heights and physiques
- Because it comes in different sizes and colors, you can choose the one that best fits your preferences
- It is relatively affordable compared to other waterproof backpacks.
- If the bag somehow gets completely submerged, there is always the possibility of the contents getting wet
With this bag, you will be assured of not just a good quality backpack at a pocket friendly price, but also the flexibility in both color and sizes. In fact, comparing its cited benefits against the cons obviously confirms one thing – this is a great deal. Good value for your money.
4. FE Active Eco Friendly Dry Bag
- This bag is not just eco-friendly, it is also PVC tested and certified
- Made of thick and tough marine grade 5mm Vinyl Tarpaulin
- This 30 liter backpack comes with padded shoulder straps and detailed mesh lining
- This unisex bag is both sturdy, heavy duty and weighs just under 2 lbs
- Is IPX8 rated and thus among the best equipment when diving
- The interior pocket comes with a convenient 6 inch zippered pouch for quick of access to sensitive documents like ID cards
- Comes with the bungee cords welded to this bag’s exterior
- Comes with the unique built in pouches that help store your personal essentials like the passport, boarding passes and others including even business and health insurance cards
- It is 100 percent waterproof and thus will always ensure the contents remain dry no matter the circumstances and weather
- The extra pockets and pouches come in handy whenever you want to store stash away your iphone, lunch or even a wet towel
- The side mesh netting is also key when carrying the water bottle, trekking gear or even a flask for your coffee refills
- Besides the rolltop being waterproof and thus making this quite a unique rucksack when swimming, it also helps keep every content warm even when kayaking, or even surfing
- It is IPX8 rated and thus submersible enough to be the best backpack when scuba diving
- The plastic adjusters for the drawspring water bottle easily break off even the waterproof material often starts peeling off and thus rendering the backpack not as waterproof as it should be
- The waist strap is also relatively too short. Consequently people with a larger body frame may find it uncomfortable to strap it on somehow
Other than the few cons, this backpack is spacious, affordable and certainly a reliable equipment for most of the water activities.
5. Vitchelo 30L Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- 100 percent tear free and waterproof
- Made of the military preferred tough Vinyl Tarpaulin material and finished with a sturdy welded seam for durability
- Has a volume capacity of 30 liters
- Has mesh netting pockets on either side as extra storage for holding a water bottle each or any other consumable
- Comes with waist and chest straps to ensure the bag is always stable on your back without wobbling thus enhancing your stability especially when it is fully loaded
- Measures 26.8X12.6X7.1 inches and weighs 2.05 lbs
- The adjustable and detachable shoulder strap is evenly padded to guarantee your comfort while carrying the bag
- Being a 30 liter capacity, this bag is spacious enough to accommodate a lot of your stuff
- It is back sleeve is colored bright yellow for easier location by other members of your team if possible
- Being 100 percent waterproof guarantees that your important contents including the electronics will always remain dry irrespective of the bad weather or simply how deep you may dive under water.
- Because of its buoyancy characteristics, this bag could also somehow be used as possible lifesaver or floating device in some emergencies
- The bag comes with some strong gas especially when it is still new. Well, the smell progressively fades off with time but for those sensitive to the gas, may have to consider buying the bag perhaps a month prior to using so that the smell fades off before the intended use.
This bag’s benefits clearly outnumber its cons. And in view of its 60 day money back guarantee and the limited lifetime warranty, this is certainly a good option. Don’t hold back; go for it and be sure to enjoy every bit of its service all the way.
6. Chaos Ready Waterproof Backpack
- This 22 liter grey bag is a heavy duty and 100 percent waterproof backpack loved by many
- It comes with padded shoulder straps, 2 mesh side pockets with 1 on either side and an easy access front pocket.
- Made of the heavy duty 500 PVC tarpaulin
- Comes with a Tri-fold buckle system for the main compartment
- The Tri-Fold buckle system for the main compartment simply ensures that the hiking backpack is always water tight at all times. This guarantees the contents will always be and remain dry as they should be
- It is compact and lightweight enough to be carried by nearly every adult of whatever height
- The grab handle makes it easier for a quick pick and go especially when in a hurry
- The shoulder straps are softly padded to guarantee and comfortable interaction with your shoulders even if the bag is relatively heavy
- The meshed side pockets come in handy when
- The bag float on water and thus, even if for whatever reason it goes overboard, you will still have the confidence of retrieving it
- It is quick to clean often times by simply wiping it using water and soap
- The bag may be relatively too small for most people especially in view of what other gear it can carry.
It is compact, waterproof and lightweight. It is also affordable and certainly durable. It also floats on water. This is indeed, the true value for your money.
7. The Friendly Swede Waterproof Backpack Dry Bag
- Crafted from the sturdy and tough industrial grade 500D polyvinyl Tarpaulin material
- Features reflective details for your extra safety reasons including an easy access survival whistle
- Weighs 2.5 pounds and can accommodate a laptop as big as 14 inches
- Can be closed either by the buckles on the top or with side locks
- Comes with adjustable shoulder, waist and chest straps
- The side pockets would come in handy to accommodate your water bottle, energy drink or even simply some quick bites
- The bag is both outdoor and indoor and can thus be used even for some office related errands
- The adjustable shoulder, chest and waist straps can be extended or shortened to accommodate different people of different heights and waist sizes.
- Because of its Velcro locking mechanism, the front pocket is not entirely water tight and thus not 100 percent water proof. Consequently, it may not really protect all its contents from getting wet under some circumstances.
It has good pricing, it’s pocket friendly and the lifetime warranty is a pledge of loyalty. It is durable and easy to clean.
8. Mengar Backpack Daypack
- Made from durable, highly water and rip resistant nylon fabric and comes in 4 different colors
- Measures 20X13X7.5 inches and weighs 0.45 lbs
- The 2-way abrasion resistant SBS Metal is the reliable material used to fabricate all the zippers on this backpack
- When not in use, you can collapse the bag and store it away in its own specific zippered pouch that also comes with the backpack at no extra cost
- The front compartment can be used for storing quick to access personal documents like a passport, boarding pass and others
- Comes in 4 different colors which allow you the flexibility and freedom to choose whichever color you prefer most
- It is durable and spacious enough to meet your packing needs
- The padded shoulder straps certainly deliver comfort while carrying the bag.
- The 2 outer pockets would provide the extra room for your iPad or magazines (in the bigger of the 2) and quick access for guide books, camera and others in the smaller pocket
- It is large in volume and thus accommodates more of your items yet still light enough if not fully loaded
- Because the bag is so spacious, one needs to be careful enough not to fill it up to the very brim for it is possible it can hold more than the 50lbs as required by the airliners
- The center zipper on the flap often time fails and eventually breaks easily.
It is as lightweight as it is spacious yet durable and still waterproof. This winning combination certainly guarantees you the value for your money. You however, do not need to hold your breath; this is a great deal. You need convenience, reliability, comfort, space, and portability? Well, this bag gives you all that and then, class.
9. Aqua Quest Himal – Waterproof Lightweight Foldable Backpack
- Measures 7.9X7.9X2 inches and weighs 1.15 lbs.
- Comes with a front carry handle and is fabricated using the 70D ripstop fabric, TPU lamination and heat taped seams that combine to make the bag 100% waterproof
- Flosses the adjustable shoulder, waist and chest straps that are not just padded and flexible but also dry easily
- It is foldable and compact when not in use. This thus saves on storage space utilized
- The adjustable shoulder, waist and chest straps make the backpack as flexible as possible so much as to fit people of all heights
- The backpack is fully waterproof and can thus guarantee to keep any of its contents as dry as they should be
- With the maximum volume at 20 liters, the bag may be somewhat too small for some extensive missions that would traditionally require extra accessories being carried along
- The front pocket is not entirely waterproof since the flap could easily swing open and expose the contents to potential water damage
It is affordable, waterproof, and comfortable and above all, comes with a cool 2 year warranty. This deal may never get any better.
10. Sea to Summit Flow 35L Drypack
- Crafted using the rugged and tough TPU laminated 420D nylon fabric for durability
- The buckles are made from the heavy duty 7075 aircraft alloy
- Measures 21.6X13.8X5.9 and weighs 2.03 lbs
- All interior pockets are zippered
- The interior lining is white for easier visibility of the contents
- Removable waist strap that is just as softly padded as the shoulder straps
- Comes with a strong grab handle on top for rapid pick-and-proceed especially when running behind schedule
- It is durable and spacious enough to accommodate most of what you would need for your trip if not all
- It is waterproof and will protect your important items from soaking in water just in case you are caught in some bad weather
- The bag being spacious is good. But carrying it should not be irritating and discomforting. That is why all the straps are softly padded to ensure you are as comfortable as possible while carrying it
- The 2 mesh side pockets; one on either side conveniently offer the needed space for your water bottle, coffee flask, energy drink or simply one of your preferred snacks
- While the bag is good for handling all types of water splashes, it can only remain waterproof when submersed for just a brief moment otherwise it will start soaking in water too. So, it may not be ideal for scuba diving or other under water sports and activities.
- For some petite people, the bag may be considered to be a little oversized
It is spacious, affordable and importantly, just as comfortable to carry as it is waterproof. It will certainly meet your wet travel packing needs at any time.
11. Phantom Aquatics Walrus 25 Premium Waterproof Backpack
- Comes in 2 distinct colors – blue and yellow
- Flosses of its excellent 2-way sealing system, softly and evenly padded yet adjustable shoulder straps with a sturdy lumbar support
- Comes with a large internal zip pocket, comfortable back panel with a unique airflow design that is complemented by elastic front webbing; this certainly adds some class to the entire gear!
- Also boasts of the super reflective patches on the front as well as on the shoulder straps
- Since it comes in 2 colors, the bag offers you the flexibility and freedom to choose the backpack color you prefer more
- The shoulder straps are softly padded for your comfort and adjustable to fit your height
- It is spacious enough to accommodate most of the items you want to bring along
- The mesh pocket on the front can be used to hold your water bottle, gloves or even travel documents like boarding passes when not engaged in water activities
- Often times, the bag loosens up at some of the seams and water may thus consistently leak through. While this may not necessarily happen with all the bags, you may need to check and verify the state of your seam and seals before setting out just to be sure the contents will remain as dry as they should be.
If you are looking for a spacious backpack that is also waterproof and affordable, then you have a reason to count on this Phantom Aquatics Dry Bag. With this on your back, you can now start calling the shots.
12. Sea to Summit Hydraulic Dry Pack
- Measures 28X13X8 inches and weighs 2 lbs
- Comes in 3 different colors and is made from the tough and rugged 600D TPU laminated waterproof nylon fabric and a welded seam construction
- It also features strong and steady Hpyalon lash loops, an oval shaped bottom that is also non-rolling nad a 1 inch side squeeze buckle
- It comes with softly padded and adjustable shoulder and waist straps.
- 3 distinct color flexible options from which to pick
- The Waist and shoulder straps are both padded for your comfort and adjustable in length to fit people of different body sizes
- The backpack is easy to clean considering the material used just simply requires wiping with water
- It is waterproof and spacious enough to carry most of your water sports gear and then some
- The chests strap is not padded and thus, while it may play an important role of helping stabilize the bag on your back, it has the tendency of causing some mild discomfort for the user over an extended period of carrying
- This backpack may be considered slightly pricy.
- The straps connecting with the back of the bag can easily come off.
Notwithstanding the few cons, clearly, the pros for this backpack speak of its value to your trip especially when comfort, durability, and waterproof abilities matter to you.
Whether personal or identification, you will always need a backpack that guarantees your documents and other items will always be and remain dry under water or in any bad weather. That is why, while there are different waterproof backpacks that can promise doing just that for you, we were able, after a thorough study and research, to put together a list of what we consider to be the best Waterproof Backpacks in the market today.
It is thus our sincere hope that through this guide, you were able to identify one of the best waterproof backpacks for your next adventure and we look forward to you sharing your experience with us in regard to the products above. All the best in your next adventure.