Sometimes duty calls in bad weather and other times, having fun may just be as entertaining and satisfying as playing in water or simply, a wet environment. Consequently, someone has to get wet one way or another. And that is why the waterproof backpacks come in handy.
Not every waterproof backpack is as good as the next one. After all, different manufacturers use different materials and designs to address your backpack needs. From this perspective, we have identified the best waterproof backpacks on the market today for you. Here is what makes these waterproof backpacks the best, in our opinion and from experience.
1. Earth Pak Waterproof Backpack
- Comes in either as a 35 liter or 55 liter capacity bag.
- It is a heavy duty roll-top closure with easy access zippered pocket on the front.
- The back panel is appropriately cushioned and shoulder straps nicely contoured along with a low profile sternum strap.
- Comes with an excellent IPX8 waterproof phone case.
- Convenient D-strings attached to both shoulder straps and the MOLLE system.
- Boasts of pockets both on the inside and outside of the bag for extra storage space.
It is lightweight, compact and relatively affordable. The customer service after sales is on top of their game. This is just the waterproof backpack you needed. Go for it.
2. Skog A Kust BackSak Waterproof Floating Backpack
- Comes in 9 different colors and either as a 25 liter or 35 liter size.
- Made of heavy duty 500D PVC.
- Sternum clip and padded back support helps to release pressure on your muscles.
- Comes with spacious interior pockets that would separate sensitive electronics from others like wet garments, towels and others.
- Zippered interior pockets always guarantee the safety of the contents.
- The splash proof outer pockets help to securely hold your IDs, business and membership cards as well as the keys
- The main compartment is IPX-6 waterproof at all times.
- Can be closed in 2 easy ways.
With its 8 different colors and 2 volume options, this backpack certainly provides you with the real freedom of choice. It is affordable by all means and delivers what it promises – quality as a waterproof dry bag.
3. MARCHWAY Floating Waterproof Dry Bag
- Comes in 15 different colors and 5 different sizes i.e. 5, 10, 20, 30, and 40 liters respectively.
- The roll top sack helps to keep the entire gear dry especially when kayaking, swimming, boating or rafting.
- Also boasts of a roll top sack.
- Comes with detachable shoulder strap, comes in handy when carrying over the cross body or shoulder; it is also conveniently adjustable in length to fit people of different heights and physiques.
- Can float on water after being rolled and buckled and this makes tracking easier and convenient.
With this bag, you will be assured of not just a good quality backpack at a pocket friendly price, but also the flexibility in both color and sizes. In fact, comparing its cited benefits against the cons obviously confirms one thing – this is a great deal. Good value for your money.
4. FE Active Dry Bag Waterproof Backpack
- This bag is not just eco-friendly, it is also PVC tested and certified.
- Made of thick and tough marine grade 5mm Vinyl Tarpaulin.
- This 30 liter backpack comes with padded shoulder straps and detailed mesh lining.
- This unisex bag is both sturdy, heavy duty and weighs just under 2 lbs.
- IPX8 rated and thus among the best equipment when diving.
- The interior pocket comes with a convenient 6 inch zippered pouch for quick of access to sensitive documents like ID cards.
- Comes with the bungee cords welded to the bag’s exterior.
Besides the rolltop being waterproof and thus making this quite a unique rucksack when swimming, it also helps keep every content warm even when kayaking, or surfing. This backpack is spacious, affordable and certainly a reliable equipment for most of the water activities.
5. Vitchelo 30L Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- Being 100 percent waterproof guarantees that your important contents including the electronics will always remain dry irrespective of the bad weather or simply how deep you may dive under water.
- Made of the military preferred tough Vinyl Tarpaulin material and finished with a sturdy welded seam for durability.
- Has a volume capacity of 30 liters.
- Has mesh netting pockets on either side as extra storage for holding a water bottle each or any other consumable.
- Comes with waist and chest straps to ensure the bag is always stable on your back without wobbling thus enhancing your stability especially when it is fully loaded.
- Measures 26.8X12.6X7.1 inches and weighs 2.05 lbs.
Because of its buoyancy characteristics, this bag could also somehow be used as possible lifesaver or floating device in some emergencies. And in view of its 60 day money back guarantee and the limited lifetime warranty, this is certainly a good option. Don’t hold back; go for it and be sure to enjoy every bit of its service all the way.
6. Chaos Ready Waterproof Backpack
- This 22 liter grey bag is a heavy duty and 100% waterproof backpack loved by many.
- It comes with padded shoulder straps, 2 mesh side pockets with 1 on either side and an easy access front pocket.
- The Tri-Fold buckle system for the main compartment simply ensures that this solid hiking backpack is always water tight at all times. This guarantees the contents will always be and remain dry as they should be.
- Made of the heavy duty 500 PVC tarpaulin.
- Comes with a Tri-fold buckle system for the main compartment.
It is compact, waterproof and lightweight. It is also affordable and certainly durable. It also floats on water and is quick to clean, often times by simply wiping it using water and soap. This is indeed, the true value for your money.
7. The Friendly Swede Waterproof Backpack
- Crafted from the sturdy and tough industrial grade 500D polyvinyl Tarpaulin material.
- Features reflective details for your extra safety reasons including an easy access survival whistle.
- Weighs 2.5 pounds and can accommodate a laptop as big as 14 inches.
- Can be closed either by the buckles on the top or with side locks.
- Comes with adjustable shoulder, waist and chest straps and roll top closure.
The bag is both outdoor and indoor oriented and can be used even for some office related errands. It has good pricing, it’s pocket friendly and the lifetime warranty is a pledge of loyalty. It is durable and easy to clean.
8. Mengar Foldable Water Resistant Packable Daypack
- Made from durable, highly water and rip resistant nylon fabric and comes in 4 different colors.
- Measures 20X13X7.5 inches and weighs 0.45 lbs.
- The 2-way abrasion resistant SBS Metal is the reliable material used to fabricate all the zippers on this backpack.
- When not in use, you can collapse the bag and store it away in its own specific zippered pouch that also comes with the backpack at no extra cost.
- The front compartment can be used for storing quick to access personal documents like a passport, boarding pass and others.
- The 2 outer pockets would provide the extra room for your iPad or magazines (in the bigger of the 2) and quick access for guide books, camera and others in the smaller pocket.
It is as lightweight as it is spacious yet durable and still waterproof. This winning combination certainly guarantees you the value for your money. Because it is so spacious, one needs to be careful not to fill it up to the very brim, as it can hold more than the 50lbs as required by the airliners.
You however, do not need to hold your breath; this is a great deal. Do you need convenience, reliability, comfort, space, and portability? Well, this bag gives you all that and then, class.
9. Aqua Quest Himal – Waterproof Lightweight Foldable Backpack
- Measures 7.9X7.9X2 inches and weighs 1.15 lbs.
- Comes with a front carry handle and is fabricated using the 70D ripstop fabric, TPU lamination and heat taped seams that combine to make the bag 100% waterproof.
- Adjustable shoulder, waist and chest straps are not just padded and flexible but also dry easily and make the backpack as flexible as possible so much as to fit people of all heights.
The Aqua Quest backpack is foldable and saves on utilized storage space. It is utra-light yet tough, waterproof, and comfortable and above all, comes with a cool 2 year warranty. This deal may never get any better.
10. Sea to Summit Flow 35L Drypack
- Crafted using the rugged and tough TPU laminated 420D nylon fabric for durability.
- The buckles are made from the heavy duty 7075 aircraft alloy.
- Measures 21.6X13.8X5.9 and weighs 2.03 lbs.
- All interior pockets are zippered.
- The interior lining is white for easier visibility of the contents.
- Removable waist strap that is just as softly padded as the shoulder straps.
- The 2 mesh side pockets; one on either side conveniently offer the needed space for your water bottle, coffee flask, energy drink or simply one of your preferred snacks.
- It is waterproof and will protect your important items from soaking in water just in case you are caught in some bad weather.
- Comes with a strong grab handle on top for rapid pick-and-proceed especially when running behind schedule.
It is spacious and importantly, just as comfortable to carry as it is waterproof. It will certainly meet your wet travel packing needs at any time.
11. Phantom Aquatics Walrus 25 Premium Waterproof Backpack
- Comes in 3 distinct colors – blue, red and yellow.
- Boasts of its excellent 2-way sealing system, softly and evenly padded yet adjustable shoulder straps with a sturdy lumbar support.
- Comes with a large internal zip pocket, comfortable back panel with a unique airflow design that is complemented by elastic front webbing; this certainly adds some class to the entire gear.
- Also boasts of the super reflective patches on the front as well as on the shoulder straps.
If you are looking for a spacious backpack to accommodate most of the items you want to bring along, that is also waterproof and affordable, then you have a reason to count on the Phantom Aquatics Dry Bag. With this on your back, you can now start calling the shots.
12. Sea to Summit Hydraulic Dry Pack
- Measures 28X13X8 inches and weighs 2 lbs.
- Comes in 3 different colors and sizes.
- Made from the tough and rugged 600D TPU laminated waterproof nylon fabric and a welded seam construction.
- It also features strong and steady Hypalon lash loops, an oval shaped bottom that is also non-rolling nad a 1 inch side squeeze buckle.
- It comes with softly padded and adjustable shoulder and waist straps.
Notwithstanding the few cons, clearly, the pros for this backpack speak of its value to your trip especially when comfort, durability, and waterproof abilities matter to you.
You will always need a backpack that guarantees your documents and other items will always be and remain dry under water or in any bad weather. That is why, while there are different waterproof backpacks that can promise doing just that for you, we were able, after a thorough study and research, to put together a list of what we consider to be the best waterproof backpacks in the market today.
We hope that through this guide, you were able to identify a suitable waterproof backpack for your next adventure and we look forward to you sharing your experience with us in regard to the products above.