In recent times, backpacks have come in handy for various purposes. They are comfortable and accessible tools through which personal effects are conveyed safely and at the same time, having it close by. Backpacks have been transformed from being the simple shapeless sack used for hiking or by students to a more sophisticated tool used by professionals. Therefore, to accommodate this sophistication, a lot of embellishments have been added to backpack design. However, backpacks are mostly meant for comfort and ease. Therefore, some people would like to have minimalist backpacks that have little or no embellishments but still fulfills the purpose it is needed for.
Therefore, this article intends to review, provide information, specifications and also address the limitations of the best minimalist backpacks. These backpacks vary in sizes, prices but one unifying factor is the minimalist design.
1. Bopai Super Slim Laptop Backpack
- Antitheft: The Bopai slim backpack is antitheft. It has an invisible anti-theft design. This anti-theft design is a hidden double zipper.
- Extra protection from friction: The laptop has a soft array that protects as long as a 15-inch ultra-thin laptop and it minimizes friction between the computer and the backpack.
- Unisex: This backpack is designed for both genders. Therefore it can be used by either male or female for various purposes.
- Portable: when on a journey, the backpack is portable enough for easy mobility. The design allows the backpack to slide over the luggage handle.
- Waterproof: With this minimalist backpack, you do not have to worry about the rain or anyone spilling wet substance on it. It is water-proof and, therefore, the things in the backpack would not get damaged (this is not permission to dunk your bag in a bucket of water though).
- Large capacity: The Bopai backpack has 6 pockets inside it and it can fit a 15-inch computer, phones, wallets, etc.
- High-density material: This backpack is made from a high-density sponge that is soft and breathable.
- It is secure
- Content protection
- High-quality design
- The laptop can only take an ultrathin computer. Although it has the space to take as long as a 15-inch computer, the computer has to be ultrathin.
- The anti-theft compartment is limited to only phones and wallets but the computer that is likely to cost a lot is not secured with the anti-theft pocket. Well, we did say it was the minimal backpack and with this limitation, we might say it is a simple backpack.
With all that has been discussed, why should you choose this product? Because, despite the few limitations, it is an incredible product that has a secure and protective case and high-quality design.
2. Lenovo Laptop Backpack B210
The Lenovo laptop backpack B210 is designed with water-repellent fabric and it creates a case that perfectly accommodates the modern life. The laptop compartment can comfortably fit 15.6” laptop and it has several internal pockets for other accessories. It also has an additional spacious compartment for books and journals.
- Laptop compartment: The Lenovo laptop backpack is designed to protect the devices kept in it especially laptops. The laptop compartment is padded and it keeps the device safe and protects it. Therefore, in the case of an accident, the laptop in the bag is safe and well-protected.
- Convenient storage: Apart from the laptop compartment, other separate compartments can be used for other mobile devices, business cards, and other daily tools that can easily be accessed. This compartment offers extra space for magazines, tablets, and other laptop accessories.
- Laptop backpack: This bag accommodates 15.6” laptops and it offers comfort for the carrier. it is perfect for daily commuters, college students, travelers, hikers, etc .because it can be used to carry other things apart from the laptop. The straps are wide and well designed and therefore are unlikely to dig into the shoulder.
- Durable and water-repellent fabric: This backpack is designed with water-repellent snow yard polyester that is lightweight and provides long-lasting protection for your laptop and personal items.
- High-quality material and durability
- It allows for large storage capacity for both laptops and other personal items.
- Casual yet stylish design. It is one of the minimalist backpacks that lives up to its name. it is designed to be casual but it is also stylish.
- It can be used for various purposes- work, school, hike, etc.
- Cheaper than what you would expect for other backpacks
- Some users have complained about the lack of a special compartment for earphones since they are so tiny and need to be easily accessible.
- It does not have other compartments that other backpacks have like water bottles, random coins, etc.
This product is a simple backpack that serves a variety of purposes. It is sleek and stylish and when used by a petite person, it does not look too big on them. It can also serve as a carry-on for those situations where passengers have to pay a different fee for carry-on. It has a well-protected space for keeping your laptop and a strap to keep it from moving around in the bag. The padding on the bag is adequate and it has other storage compartments different from the laptop pouch. This compartment holds other items including a tablet. This product is one of the best minimalist backpacks available. And guess what? It is cheaper than most.
3. Kensington Triple Trek Slim Backpack
This is one of the best minimalist backpacks you can get. It is designed with a fleece-lined compartment that keeps devices organized and protects them against scratches. It also has a hidden pocket that secures other valuable items. It also has a headphone port and this makes it easy to listen to music. It is slim and would fit a 13” laptop and it is very classy.
- Fleece-lined compartment: This minimalist laptop backpack has two compartments. One compartment is big enough for your Macbook Pro or Macbook Air and if you have a windows machine, a 14-inch laptop would fit in. A 15-inch windows machine would fit in but you might be unable to strap it in; the strap is designed to keep it in place. The second compartment is large enough to contain an iPad or any tab. The fleece compartments secure the devices from scratches and the strap keeps it securely in place.
- Headphone port: This is valuable for many, who would like to listen to music, podcasts, etc. while walking. The headphone port makes it easy to listen to your tunes while the phone is in the backpack. The port is tight enough and you do not have to worry about the headphone pulling out of the phone while walking.
- Adjustable shoulder strap: The shoulder straps are adjustable and this gives room for comfort while walking.
- Padded back support: The back support of this simple backpack is padded. Therefore, it is convenient to carry even if you are taking a long walk. The back support also has a trolley strap that you can attach to your roller bag when you are traveling.
- Stow-away bottle holder: This backpack has a bottle holder that is hidden behind a zip. This bottle holder has a firm elastic band that secures your bottle in place and even if you have to jog or run, you can be sure that the bottle will not fall off. The bottle bolder secures the bottle firmly.
- Extra compartments for your devices: This backpack can double as your carry-on luggage. You could put some articles of clothing in the space between the two compartments and there are other compartments for your phones and mobile devices.
- Lined compartments with straps: This ensures that your laptop is secured and has no risk of a scratch.
- Extra compartments: When using a backpack, the goal is to make all the essentials fit into one place and this backpack offers you compartment for your laptop and its accessories, your mobile device(s), your water bottle, tabs, and extra room for other things.
- Bottle holder: There is a high chance that the user will be dehydrated. This backpack answers to that little challenge.
- The laptop compartment is quite small and would not be a good fit for users who have any laptop bigger than 15 inches.
- The zipper is on the light side.
This product is one of the best minimal backpacks. It has compartments for the essentials and a little space for some other things like a book or change of clothes. It caters to the need of the minimalist who is interested in carrying just the basic things needed.
4. HIKPRO 20L Durable Lightweight Backpack
Hikpro is a durable and light hiking backpack. This backpack is durable and can be used by both genders. The bag is lightweight and foldable. The backpack weighs 7.50z and this ensures you have a comfortable journey. The bag can be folded into a small pack when it is not in use. This is one of the best minimalist backpacks that you can own. This backpack is roomy with three zippered compartments that keep things organized. The main compartment is large enough to carry your everyday items. The outer pocket is smaller and is great for keeping items that you need to be easily accessible to you like maps, travel guides, camera, etc. The inner pocket serves as a storage pouch for keeping your valuables like mobile devices, cash, wallets, passports. It also has two large-sized pockets for keeping the water bottle and/or small umbrella. This backpack is less of a work backpack and more of a camping, hiking, vacation or travel backpack.
- Very light and comfortable design: The dual advantage of this backpack is that it is very light yet very sturdy.
- Multifunctional: This bag can be used for a variety of functions ranging from hiking, biking, camping, traveling, etc.
- Organized: The backpack is designed in an organized manner with the designed pockets. The main pocket is designed for heavier and larger items.
- It can be neatly folded into a small pack when not in use.
- Water-resistant and durable
- Allows for extra packing of food, clothing, water bottles, etc.
- Very spacious and suitable for mothers who have to pack lots of things for the kids.
- Users have complained of the shoulder straps breaking after a short time of use. This could be due to excessive packing
- Inside lining is not durable enough and they shred easily
- Not generally durable.
This bag is a simple backpack that is roomy enough to be used as a substitute for a traveling bag. The compartments help you to organize your items properly and it is a great space-saver. It is featherweight yet sturdy.
5. Osprey Farpoint 40 Men’s Travel Backpack
This minimal backpack has a large panel zip access to the main compartment and lockable sliders on the main compartment. This backpack is perfect for a weekend getaway. It has a light wire frame suspension that transfers the load from the load to the hip belt. It also has a mesh back panel that improves ventilation.
- It has a dual front compression strap, dual font mesh pockets that can be used to hold the water bottle. It has two internal compression straps to keep items in place and an internal front flap zippered mesh pocket.
- Stowaway harness and hipbelt: The harness and hip belt are stowed away for safekeeping and to prevent damage.
- Lightweight and durable: Therefore, it could be fully loaded yet comfortable to carry because of the lightweight.
- Padded top and side handle.
- Lightweight and durable
- Suitable to be used for either weekend getaways or long-duration journeys.
- Internal straps that secure the item firmly
- Side handles.
- Laptops and other devices stored securely in locked compartments.
- All compartments take space from each other. Therefore, if one compartment is packed full, it likely going to impact other compartments.
- No rain cover and it is not water-resistant.
- Lacks better internal organization for smaller items
This product will come in handy for your trips, hiking, vacation, etc. It has a hip belt to strap the bag to the hip. It also has an internal strap that secures things in place. You can also carry it with the side handles and this means you can rest your back at intervals.
6. Kopack Slim Laptop Backpack
This can be utilized by both genders. It has a hidden laptop compartment that is hidden in the back of the backpack. Therefore, the laptops are safely tucked away in this compartment unless the user takes it off.
- It has a lockable zip. The user has to get the lock as the laptop does not come with a lock.
- The backpack has a dual-layer zipper and it has an anti-puncture
- A detachable USB cable. The external USB is convenient to charge a phone and other devices. It has a split open USB port that connects the USB to the power bank.
- Comfortable: this minimalist laptop backpack is designed with 3-layer fabric, has padded straps, has double stitching, and it is carried close to the back.
- It is comfortable and easy to carry
- Anti-theft features
- It has a sunglass band
- Detachable USB cable
- Has well-organized compartments
- Users complain of the charging port being a little offset
- Due to the laptop compartment at the back, the back might be a little bit stiff
This simple backpack is comfortable and has well-organized compartments. It also has anti-theft features. This backpack offers you comfort, durability, and security.
7. Yorepek Slim Business Computer Backpack
This is also one of our best minimalist laptop backpacks. It can be used by both professionals and is suitable for work, school, or a short business trip. This product allows for compatibility as it can fit as big as a 15.6-inch laptop and can be utilized for your day to day use. It has up to 10 functional pockets that could be used for storing laptops, books, clothes, tablets, etc.
- Anti-theft features
- Flexible lock
- Thickened shoulder straps with soft multi-panel padding
- Multipurpose pockets
- Lots of compartments. It has interior pockets, external pockets, and various separate pockets
- USB charging port
- Headphone hole
- Not wide enough especially for gaming laptops
- Generally too small and unable to carry a lot of items that might be needed.
- No bottle holder
- Less padding
8. Observ Slim Laptop Backpack
Observ slim laptop backpack is one of the best minimal backpacks. It offers high durability and extra protection. It has all-round padding that is specially designed to protect laptops. The simple backpack design includes a main and front pocket, laptop compartment and small interior pockets. It utilizes a breathable rear mesh that transports heat away from the back and shoulders.
- Lightweight and strong. This backpack is designed to be light but sturdy enough to be loaded. It has reinforced stitching which ensures that it withstands years of use.
- All-round padding: the backpack is padded to protect laptops from damage
- It can fit a 15-inch wide laptop
- Sturdy and lightweight design
- Well organized compartments
- Too small
- Few compartments
- Not fit for big users
9. Hynes Eagle Minimalist City Backpack
This simple minimalist backpack can be used as both a backpack and a handbag. It is travel friendly.
- Easy to navigate with the convertible handles.
- Fully-lined interior
- Padded shoulder strap
- Rear padded laptop compartment
- Extensive organizer
- Lots of pocket slips
- Sleek and modern design
- Perfect for commute life
- Not suitable for bulky items
- Thin packing
- Compact and narrow
This backpack is perfect for people who are always on the move. It could serve as an office bag and also a traveling bag. It has anti-theft features and helps users to organize items properly.
10. Incase City Backpack
This elegant comfortable backpack is one of the best minimal backpacks. It has soft design lines and despite having a slim profile, it has the important storage space required for a commuter. It has adjustable shoulder straps with air mesh padding. This padding ensures added comfort. It is constructed with 500D blended weave polyester.
- Spacious storage
- Two primary storage areas with smaller pockets for extra accessories and documents.
- 360-degree padded, faux-fur lined laptop compartment
- Quick access pockets. It has two zippered pockets that allow for quick access to smaller items
- Well organized compartments
- Well constructed and organized backpack
- Adequate padding for comfort
- Lots of storage capacity
- Suitable for travel
- Soft material that prevents scratches and a 360-degree protection
- No pocket for water bottle
- It is not water-resistant
- Some users have raised concerns about its durability.
- The back zippered pockets appear to be too small for some mobile device
Despite some of the minor limitations of this backpack, it is an amazing minimalist laptop backpack. It offers efficiency, class, aesthetic, protection and comfort all in one. It also helps you to organize your items better and for users who love order, it could also help you to create a pattern; even the user who is not so akin to order has to maintain a certain level of order to use this.
Backpacks are designed to be convenient and comfortable while catering to everyday needs. This article has reviewed the best minimalist backpacks and also highlighted their pros and cons. Therefore, you should choose the backpack that best caters to your need. It is advised that shoppers consider their needs and prioritize the features they want. This will prevent emotional buying.