In recent times, backpacks have come in handy for various purposes. Backpacks have been transformed from being the simple shapeless sack used for hiking or by students to a more sophisticated tool used by professionals. To accommodate this sophistication, a lot of embellishments have been added to backpack designs.
However, backpacks are mostly meant for comfort and ease. Therefore, some people would like to have minimalist backpacks that have little or no embellishments but still fulfill the purpose it is needed for.
This article will review, provide information, specifications and address the limitations of the best minimalist backpacks. These vary in sizes, prices but one unifying factor is the minimalist design.
1. Bopai Super Slim Laptop Backpack
- The Bopai slim backpack is antitheft – it has an invisible double zipper.
- Extra protection from friction – it has a soft array that protects as long as a 15-inch ultra-thin laptop and it minimizes friction between the computer and the backpack.
- This backpack is designed for both genders.
- When on a journey, the backpack is portable enough for easy mobility. The design allows the backpack to slide over the luggage handle.
- With this minimalist backpack, you do not have to worry about the rain or anyone spilling wet substance on it. It is water-proof and, therefore, the things in the backpack would not get damaged.
- The Bopai backpack has 6 pockets inside and it can fit a 15-inch computer, phones, wallets, etc.
- This backpack is made from a high-density sponge that is soft and breathable.
It is a simple backpack and despite the few limitations, it is an incredible product that has a secure and protective case and high-quality design.
2. Lenovo Laptop Backpack B210
The Lenovo laptop backpack is designed with water-repellent fabric and it creates a case that perfectly accommodates the modern life. The laptop compartment can comfortably fit 15.6” laptop and it has several internal pockets for other accessories. It also has an additional spacious compartment for books and journals.
- Laptop compartment is padded and it keeps the device safe.
- Other separate compartments offer extra space for magazines, tablets, mobile devices, business cards and other accessories.
- It accommodates 15.6” laptops and is perfect for daily commuters, college students, travelers, hikers, etc. The straps are wide and well designed and therefore are unlikely to dig into the shoulder.
- This backpack is designed with water-repellent snow yard polyester that is lightweight and provides long-lasting protection for your laptop and personal items.
This is a simple backpack that serves a variety of purposes. It is one of the minimalist backpacks that lives up to its name. It is designed to be casual but it is also stylish.
When used by a petite person, it does not look too big on them. It has a well-protected space for keeping your laptop and a strap to keep it from moving around in the bag.
3. Kensington Triple Trek Slim Backpack
This is one of the best minimalist backpacks you can get. It is designed with a fleece-lined compartment that keeps devices organized and protects them against scratches. It also has a hidden pocket that secures other valuable items. It also has a headphone port and this makes it easy to listen to music. It is slim and would fit a 13” laptop and it is very classy.
- This minimalist laptop backpack has two compartments. One compartment is big enough for your Macbook Pro or Macbook Air and if you have a windows machine, a 14-inch laptop would fit in. A 15-inch windows machine would fit in but you might be unable to strap it in; the strap is designed to keep it in place. The second compartment is large enough to contain an iPad or any tab. The fleece compartments secure the devices from scratches and the strap keeps it securely in place.
- The headphone port makes it easy to listen to your tunes while the phone is in the backpack. The port is tight enough and you do not have to worry about the headphone pulling out of the phone while walking.
- The shoulder straps are adjustable and this gives room for comfort while walking.
- The back support is padded. So it is convenient to carry even if you are taking a long walk. The back support also has a trolley strap that you can attach to your roller bag when you are traveling.
- It has a bottle holder that is hidden behind a zip. This bottle holder has a firm elastic band that secures your bottle in place and even if you have to jog or run, you can be sure that the bottle will not fall off.
- Extra compartments for your devices.
The Kensington slim backpack has compartments for essentials and a little space for some other things like a book or change of clothes. It caters to the need of the minimalist who is interested in carrying just the basic things needed.
4. HIKPRO 20L Durable Lightweight Backpack
Hikpro is a durable and light and it is one of the best minimalist backpacks that you can own. This backpack is less of a work backpack and more of a hiking, vacation or a travel backpack.
- The main compartment is large enough to carry your everyday items.
- The outer pocket is smaller and is great for keeping items that you need to be easily accessible to you like maps, travel guides, camera, etc. The inner pocket serves as a storage pouch for keeping your valuables like mobile devices, cash, wallets, passports.
- It also has two large-sized pockets for keeping the water bottle and/or small umbrella.
- The dual advantage of this backpack is that it is very light yet very sturdy.
- Weighs 7.50z and is foldable into a small pack
- This bag can be used for a variety of functions ranging from hiking, biking, camping, traveling, etc.
- The pockets are designed in an organized manner for heavier and larger items.
This bag is a simple backpack that is roomy enough to be used as a substitute for a traveling bag. It is even suitable for mothers who have to pack lots of things for the kids. The compartments help organize your items properly and it is a great space-saver. It is featherweight yet sturdy.
5. Osprey Farpoint 40 Men’s Travel Backpack
This minimal backpack has a large panel zip access to the main compartment and lockable sliders. This backpack is perfect for a weekend getaway. It has a light wire frame suspension that transfers the load to the hip belt. It also has a mesh back panel that improves ventilation.
- It has a dual front compression strap, dual font mesh pockets that can be used to hold the water bottle. It has two internal compression straps to keep items in place and an internal front flap zippered mesh pocket.
- Stowaway harness and hipbelt. The harness and hip belt are stowed away for safekeeping and to prevent damage.
- Lightweight and durable. Therefore, it could be fully loaded yet comfortable to carry.
- Padded top and side handle.
This product has a hip belt to strap the bag to the hip. It also has an internal strap that secures things in place. You can also carry it with the side handles and this means you can rest your back at intervals. It is suitable to be used for either weekend getaways or long-duration journeys.
6. Kopack Slim Laptop Backpack
This can be utilized by both genders. It has a hidden laptop compartment that is located in the back of the backpack. Therefore, the laptop is safely tucked away unless the user takes it off.
- It has a lockable zipper, the lock is not included though.
- Durable tear-resistant material.
- Anti-puncture 4 tooth zipper of the main compartment provides double anti-theft protection.
- It has a split open USB port that connects the USB to the power bank.
- This minimalist laptop backpack is designed with 3-layer fabric, has padded straps, has double stitching, and it is carried close to the back.
This simple backpack is comfortable and has well-organized compartments. It also has good anti-theft features. This backpack offers you comfort, durability, and security.
7. Yorepek Slim Business Laptop Backpack
It can be used by both professionals and is suitable for work, school, or a short business trip. This product allows for compatibility as it can fit as big as a 15.6-inch laptop and can be utilized for your day to day use. It has up to 10 functional pockets that could be used for storing laptops, books, clothes, tablets, etc.
- External usb with set-in charging cable is convenient for your electronic device’s use anywhere.
- Hole for headphone gives easy access to earphone usage.
- Anti-theft features with lock.
- Thickened shoulder straps with soft multi-panel padding.
- Made of 210d durable lylon fabric.
- Lots of compartments. It has interior pockets, external pockets, and various separate pockets.
8. Observ Slim Laptop Backpack
Observ slim laptop backpack is one of the top minimal backpacks. It offers high durability and extra protection. The simple backpack design includes a main and front pocket, laptop compartment and small interior pockets.
- Lightweight and strong. This backpack is designed to be light but sturdy enough to be loaded.
- It has reinforced stitching which ensures that it withstands years of use.
- Breathable rear mesh that transports heat away from the back and shoulders.
- All-round padding – the backpack is padded to protect laptops from damage.
- It can fit a 15-inch wide laptop.
9. Hynes Eagle Minimalist City Backpack
This simple minimalist backpack can be used as both a backpack and a handbag. It is travel friendly.
- Easy to navigate with the convertible handles.
- Fully-lined interior.
- Padded shoulder strap.
- Rear padded laptop compartment.
This backpack is perfect for people who are always on the move. It could serve as an office bag and also a traveling bag. It has anti-theft features and helps users to organize items properly.
10. Incase City Backpack
This elegant comfortable backpack has soft design lines and despite having a slim profile, it has the important storage space required for a commuter. It has adjustable shoulder straps with air mesh padding. This padding ensures added comfort. It is constructed with 500D blended weave polyester.
- Two primary storage areas with smaller pockets for extra accessories and documents.
- 360-degree padded, faux-fur lined laptop compartment.
- Quick access pockets. It has two zippered pockets that allow for quick access to smaller items.
- Well organized compartments.
Despite some of the minor limitations, it is an amazing minimalist laptop backpack. It offers efficiency, class, aesthetic, protection and comfort all in one. It also helps you to organize your items better and for users who love order, it could also help you to create a pattern; even the user who is not so keen to order has to maintain a certain level of order to use this.
Minimalist backpacks are designed to be convenient and comfortable while catering to everyday needs. Choose the one that best caters to those needs. The top 10 minimalist backpacks above are the best products we have found that money can buy. They come in different price ranges, so there should be something for every budget.