Cooler backpacks are ideal for individuals who prefer activities like camping and picnicking. Backpack coolers are usually made from heavy but flexible material such as polyester, flexible foam, and heavy duty foil.
Your ultimate goal with such backpack may be to keep your food and drinks warm or cold. But when buying a cooler backpack you have to consider its size, maximum weight capacity, its insulation capability, the extra pockets for storage, the comfort of the straps, the price, among other factors.
The best cooler backpacks on the market today are designed with awesome technology that makes them easy and convenient to carry.
These are some of the top backpacks you can opt for.
1. TOURIT Cooler Backpack
This insulated backpack cooler is leak-proof and can keep hot food hot and cold food cold. This backpack has several pockets that let you keep different sizes of food items safely. The bag straps are strong enough to support the weight of items inside as you carry the bag.
- High-density insulation material and leak-proof liner.
- Made of waterproof, durable fabric.
- Large capacity cooler, holds a maximum of 30 cans.
- Multiple pockets – 1 main roomy compartment, 2 side mesh pockets, 2 large front zipper pocket, 1 zipper pocket on the lid, 1 mesh pocket and 1 beer opener on the strap.
- Ventilated exterior material.
- Multifunctional – can be used for both indoor and outdoor activities, as a lunch bag for work or daily pack. Its great for picnics, work or travel.
You can remain confident about the quality of insulation technology used in this backpack. It is of a high standard and was built to ensure that it preserves food items and drinks cold for as long as 16 hours. This creates more value for money given that this backpack does not need an AC outlet.
2. Coleman Soft Backpack Cooler
This is a very good beer cooler backpack that keeps cold drinks cold. It can accommodate as much as 28 cans of drinks at one go.
This backpack was designed to give you comfort and ease even on far-away trips given its padded arm holder and shoulder straps.
- Has a holding capacity of 28 cans.
- Has two smaller pockets on the side and a secondary big pocket where you can store your gadgets.
- Posses an extra storage unit.
- Strong insulation set-up.
- Padded handles and straps.
- Plastic liner that is flexible.
- Bungee cord.
- Large front pocket for quick access.
This is one of the best cooler backpacks to store cold food and drinks for both formal and informal occasions. The manufacturer designed this backpack in a manner that all the weight of the items you place inside is evenly distributed to make it easy to handle.
3. Igloo Outdoorsman Gizmo Backpack
- Storage capacity of 20 medium cans.
- MaxCold insulation with 25% more foam.
- It has 4 zippered compartments, padded back pocket and side mesh pocket with elastic strap buckle.
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps with sternum straps to distribute the load
- Leak resistant, antimicrobial liner
It is a splendid backpack cooler that can hold few bottles of champagne and have some space left at the top to keep some snacks and other valuables.
4. SEEHONOR Insulated Cooler Backpack
The Seehonor is one of the best ice chest backpacks since there is no leaking of ice cubes that melt inside. It is big enough to carry several items, both eatable and non-eatable.
- Large storage capacity compartment of up to 30 cans.
- It is an upgraded product with waterproof zippers.
- It serves many purposes that are indoor or outdoor in nature, like lunch cooler, hiking, camping, road trip etc.
- Made of heavy duty nylon which will not rip, tear or scratch.
- This backpack with cooler contains 1 large main compartment, 2 side mesh pockets, 2 large front zipper pockets with mesh divider, 1 insulated zipper pocket on the lid for extra storage, 1 multifunction beer opener and 1 mesh pocket on its strap.
- Adjustable heavy duty shoulder straps and handle on the top for convenient handling.
- Leakproof thickened PEVA liner on all sides.
This bag will keep hot items hot and cold items cold for a longer time as compared to other backpacks. This bag is highly durable with large insulated main compartment to store plenty of items. It has 2 side bottle holders that can also accommodate an umbrella. Aerated mesh back pads keep your back from getting sore spots. The other good thing about this product is that you just need to wipe it with a wet cloth when cleaning it.
5. YETI Hopper Backflip 24 Soft Sided Cooler Backpack
It is stylish and also among the best cooler backpacks that can carry lot of food at one go.
- The Hydrolok zipper is the toughest, leakproof cooler zipper out there.
- On the inside it measures 12 5/8 x 6 1/2 x 15 inches, it can hold 20 cans with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio.
- Serves many purposes including being a backpack, and a cooler for food items.
- It has a dry-hide shell made of high-density fabric to make the backpack waterproof and resistant to mildew, ultra-violent rays, and punctures.
- Coldcell rubber foam offers superior insulation.
- Waist belt and removable chest strap.
You can use this product to keep your office lunches safer and fresher. Portability is what makes this backpack stand out over other ordinary coolers and ice chests. As you go trekking, all you need is this backpack from YETI to carry your food items and drinks.
6. Lifewit Cooler Backpack
In case you are looking for a backpack with cooler compartment that can keep your picnic food cold for long, then this product is perfect.
- It’s bottom compartment is leak-proof.
- Has a large capacity of 18L and can hold up to 34 cans.
- Padded handle and shoulder straps.
- Made of 1680D Oxford fabric, which makes it durable.
- Interior lining is made of food-grade PEVA and padded with 8mm EPE foam, which makes it very thermo resistant.
- Has two compartments for keeping many food items at one go and side pockets to create more room for storage of your items.
- High density, water-resistant and dirt-proof exterior.
The provision of sizable side pockets make this ideal for carrying notebooks and also food items, snacks and drinks to office. The backpack was designed in a formal setting which makes it a must-have for every formal worker who wants to keep up with the trends while meeting the daily needs. Having this backpack will make you appear more responsible and fashionable.
7. IceMule Pro Cooler Bag
This product is among the top ice chest backpacks since it keeps food items cold for as long as 16 hours. Also, this backpack is super flexible in that it can be folded from the sides in case you need to pack it into a suitcase.
- Designed to be the most portable with space-saving ability.
- Padded shoulder straps and sternum strap, with ventilated back pads give stability and comfort.
- High performance soft cooler.
- Storage capacity of 23 or 33 liters available.
- Easy to open given that it has no zippers.
- Highly durable and long-lasting.
The IceMule cooler backpack favors outdoor and indoor activities. It provides comfort given the double padded shoulder straps. Individuals with the need for a backpack that allows them to choose their favorite color should embrace this backpack that comes in various shades.
If you are not a fan of zippers on a backpack, this product will do you justice, given that it has a wide open top part that enables flexible opening.
8. Arctic Zone Titan Guide Series Cooler
This insulated backpack can keep food cold even when it is placed on hot surfaces thanks to multi-layer system that protects ice from the most intense heat. Therefore, there is no need to worry about carrying this backpack to the beach in case you feel like taking some cold drinks and snacks with you there.
- Storage capacity of 30 cans.
- A leak proof lining.
- Deep freeze high performance insulation.
- Padded back with breathable mesh panels.
- Adjustable, padded straps.
- Multiple interior and exterior pockets.
- Microban antimicrobial protection.
- Elasticized gear straps.
- Rhino-tech stain and water resistant barrier, that will not crack over time.
- A table top lid with drink holders.
If you are looking for a durable backpack that will stand for years, this one will serve that purpose very well.
It can be carried by both genders and still look amazing on everybody. In case you are in search for a backpack that is resistant to bacterial odors and stains, this one will do a perfect job if you tend to spill some sugary foods and drinks and other snacks in the bag.
9. FORICH Insulated Cooler Backpack
In case you have a lot of items to carry, then this product is highly recommended, since it has so many pockets and a dual compartment cooler backpack.
- Measures 19.7” H x 13.4” L x 7.9” W and storage capacity of bottom half compartment is 24 cans.
- Downer half features inner thick foam insulation and high quality heat-sealed leak proof lining.
- Interior lining is made of high quality material.
- Adjustable shoulder straps that make it comfortable to handle.
- Breathable mesh back pads that are soft and comfortable.
- Multiple pockets – 1 main large insulated leak proof storage compartment, 1 upper half compartment for dry items, 3 large zipper pockets in front for small items, 2 large mesh side pockets.
- Multipurpose beer opener.
The Forich backpack cooler is an essential companion for any outdoor activities. It is well insulated in addition to having a high quality heat-resistant leak proof lining that co-functions to make this large backpack more cool or warm, and anti-leaking.
Exercise your choice with this super comfortable backpack that is padded on its back part to give you extra comfort as you carry it on your back.
10. North Coyote Hiking Backpack Cooler Bag
Go for this backpack if you are planning on having a group activity or if you plan on carrying lots of stuff since it can accommodate many items at a go and still remain good in shape.
- Water resistant cooler compartment with heat-sealed seams.
- Drawstring closure.
- Breathable mesh back padding & adjustable padded straps for extra comfort.
- Quick grab handle for versatile transportation.
- Made of durable materials that make it tear resistant.
- It has 4 zipper compartments and 2 mesh water bottle side pockets.
This backpack has a section for storing dry items like books in addition to a section for cold beverages.
Typical office workers can get themselves this backpack for carrying lunch boxes and beverages and at the same time store their valuable gadgets in the backpack since it was built with several pockets.
The backpacks listed above are some of the best cooler backpacks that you can get yourself today. They are all designed with great insulating properties, and with high durability. Carry such a backpack instead of carrying several lunch containers while at work, when travelling, or when going to the beach. Choose one that fits your financial means to avoid unnecessary spending.