For those who have found their passion for outdoor adventure, especially when it comes to hiking involving photography, you will need a backpack that will be able to fit-in for what you want. You need nothing but the best camera backpack for hiking. There are various backpacks out there, but not all can satisfy your adventure curiosity. There are certain features you must look for in selecting and buying a backpack for your camera when going for your much-prepared outdoor activities.
You are at the right place because this guide will list the top products from which you can choose your new backpack. They have a certain thing in common, and that is quality.
Best Hiking Camera Backpack – Top 10 Review
1. Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW II Outdoor Backpack
The Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW II has come with the technology you need to keep the camera in place while you are on the move.
- It is the best hiking camera backpack that uses the ActivZone harness that will provide targeted comfort.
- The product has a built-in all-weather AW system of protection to safeguard the contents of the bag.
- This hiking camera bag features a high-tech material that makes the product all weather resistant.
The cost of the product is reasonable. It can fit the DSLR or Mirrorless with lens attached. It can also accommodate other extra gear, like snacks, jackets, bike helmet, sunglasses, compact tripod or trekking poles. The bag is of great quality, resistant to all weather conditions, even a heavy rain.
2. Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Camera Backpack
This is one is one of the best for its amazing features.
- It is resistant to water to ensure that the contents of the bag are well protected. The all-weather cover can be deployed in cace of a heavy shower.
- There are adaptive dividers with high flexibility within the backpack to allow camera kits to be well positioned with ease.
- The ActivZone technology will enable the user to feel the comfort and convenience.
- Protective padding all round the bag ensures equipment inside is protected.
The Lowerpro Protactic Camera and Laptop backpack features a slip lock system that fits multiple accessories in the lowepro range. Great quality overall.
3. Lowepro Flipside Trek BP 350 AW Backpack for Camera
- This is a legendary hiking backpack with camera compartment using the ActiveZone system so that carriage becomes very effortless and comfortable.
- The pack fits the DSLR with lens attached or the DJI Mavic Pro Drone.
- It is capable of providing all the mounting strategic points necessary to get the appropriate gear for your outdoor events.
- It is spacious, so you can store all you want just exactly the way you want it.
The product has emerged as a result of the age-long professional experience of the brand in the industry. The quality will convince you. You can quickly access the bag without dropping it down. It is capable of carrying all your tools and provide the comfort you need for a great hiking experience.
4. Vanguard Havana 48 Backpack
- Commitment to innovation and high quality, that is the characteristic of Vanguard backpacks.
- Your camera is well protected here with enough padding.
- The back panel and the shoulder straps are well padded with the harness so that you can feel the comfort and convenience.
- Ideal for DSLR with an attached lens and some other accessories like 15” laptop and personal effects.
The Vanguard backpack is very affordable. It will fit your various gear. It has an amazing construction and design such that it is roomy to contain every tool needed to make your outdoor experience worthwhile.
5. Thule Aspect DSLR Backpack
- The Thule is a unique photography hiking backpack designed with a removable, properly padded hip belt with a hip pocket.
- The shoulder strap and the back panel are well padded for a packaged comfort.
- The product has an arrangement on the side for your tripod.
- Lot of pockets both in the interior and on the exterior for a quick access.
- It is ultimately ideal for your DSLR and also drone gear.
- It can contain and protect a laptop of about 15.6” with an iPad in the back compartment.
The product is made of 100% nylon material to ensure that the contents of the bag are covered in the face of a heavy rain or water splash. The storage is customized and padded to keep and protect some valuable and sensitive tools.
6. Burton F-Stop Camera Backpack
- The Burton F-Stop pack features interior compartments that are customized and padded.
- The use of a board or a tripod is also in tune with the vertical carriage system.
- Padded shoulder strap, back panel and waist harness ensure total comfort and balancing.
- Side access cooler pocket, oversized beverage stash pocket, external shovel blade pocket and removable pocket for storage.
The product can be described as one of the top camera bags for hiking. The product is affordable, of top quality and also durable. The interior compartments are well padded and customized. The back panel, shoulder strap and the waist harness are properly padded for comfort.
7. YuHan Multi-function Waterproof Backpack
- The YuHan backpack comprises of multi-functional compartments, which helps to organize your camera gear.
- Fits a DSLR with attached lens (up to 18-55mm zoom), plus 1-2 extra lenses or flashes.
- It is made of a high quality 840D nylon material that makes it very durable and also waterproof.
- Removable, padded camera box with storm-flap closure and grab handles, remove it to convert the bag into a fully functional daypack.
- Available in 3 colors.
This is a good quality, affordable and also durable pack for outdoor adventures. Both the interior and exterior are well padded to serve as a shock absorber. You can also use the bag for other purposes as it can contain a laptop of about 15.6”. It will give you value for money.
8. G-raphy Camera Backpack
- The G-raphy stands out with a quality material, making it resistant to water and also very durable making it to last longer.
- It features a rain cover that will shield the contents of the pack from rain.
- It has an exterior adjustable strap for a tripod.
- It can hold 2 SLR camera bodies, 3-4 lenses and 17 inch laptop.
This hiking backpack with camera compartment can carry more than one camera with more lenses and equipped with spaces to accommodate other accessories needed for your adventure.
9. AmazonBasics Hiker Camera and Laptop Backpack
- The AmazonBasics bag has a unique style and user-friendly design.
- The product has an adjustable waist strap with pockets on each side of the bag.
- It can fit an SLR camera with a lens attached and other accessories.
- The interior compartments are well padded to keep safe the sensitive and fragile contents.
- Padded, re-configurable side pocket – it offers easy camera access; and padded back compartment for storing a laptop up to 13 inches.
The AmazonBasics is a great camera backpack for hiking. It is made of quality material, making the product durable and also ultra-lightweight. It offers a total package as it comes with a rain cover to protect the contents of the pack. It has a top-loading upper compartment with drawstring closure.
10. Gitzo Adventury 30L Camera Backpack
Amongst the camera backpacks for hikers, the Gitzo Adventury 30L stands out with innovative features for outdoor adventure.
- The pack is made to accommodate a lot of or different types of cameras and it is highly recommended for photographers.
- It can fit a DSLR, drone, mirrorless and a lot of others.
- The bag also features a rain cover that prevents the contents of the bag from damage.
- The interior compartments are with dividers so that several items can be strategically stored there items.
- A warranty of 2 years is provided.
Gitzo adventury backpack is specifically recommended for photographers on outdoor adventures. It can even carry a big size tripod. In an extreme situation or in the situation of a heavy rain, the product is capable of repelling water. It is spacious and can contain all the accessories that you need for your outdoor activities. Overall a great bag well worth the price.